Here at Oowee, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the Data Controller in relation to any personal information you provide to us is Oowee V LTD, Office 1, The Leftbank, 128 Cheltenham Road, Bristol, BS6 5RW. Our company registration number is 13150664. Data Controller is just a legal term that means we have responsibilities of your Personal Information under the Act.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Act. If you want to read more about the Act, have a look here: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
This Policy was last updated on 10 March 2021.
Information we collect about you
You may provide your personal information in a number of ways including:
- By filing in a form on our Websites
- By placing an online Order for Collection or Delivery
- By indicating you would like to receive marketing emails from us
- By geo-locating yourself via an app or Website service we provide
- By purchasing or using a Gift Card
- By registering for our in-restaurant Wi-Fi service
- By taking part in competitions or promotions
- By engaging with our social networks
- By corresponding with our Customer Teams in restaurant or in Office
What we may collect
When you use our services, we may automatically collect information including:
- Technical information including IP address, device, browser type and version, location and time zone
- How you use our Websites including the pages visited, your browsing patterns and interactions, page response times, page errors.
When you use our services, you may volunteer the following information:
- Name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, social media account details and any other information that you may provide
- Credit or Debit card information and expiry date when you process a payment – but only for that transaction; these details are not stored.
How we use your information
We use your personal information in order to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- Allowing you to create an account and to use any of the services we provide to account holders
- Ensuring content on our Websites is presented to you in the most effective way
- Processing and Order for collection or delivery
- Dealing with enquires and requests effectively
- Notifying you about changes to our services
- Carrying out market research and product development
- Preventing crime or assist with any legal or compliance requirements
- Investigating any security breaches
- Administering any competitions or promotions
- To comply with NHS Track& Trace enquires
Unfortunately, Internet is not a secure medium and the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we put on place measures to best protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Websites and therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with Oowee employees, but only where they have a genuine need to access it
We use a number of trusted third-party suppliers and service providers to help provide our Websites and other services to you. We may need to disclose your personal information to them but will only do so to the extent that it is necessary for them to be able provide the services we require.
We never sell or give your Personal Information away to anybody.
We may also share your personal information with other companies within our group (which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
In the event that our company, or substantially all of its assets, is sold, we may disclose your personal information to the buyer.
If we are requested to share your personal information with the Police, a regulatory body or government office, then we are entitled to do so.
How we store your data
All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers which are operated by our trusted providers. Our providers are currently within the European Economic Area (EEA). This may change in the future but in the case that it does, we’ll take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that we share is protected under UK Law. By submitting your personal information, you agree to it being transferred to, stored and processed outside the EEA for the purposes of providing you with the services connected with our Websites.
Where you create a password in order to access our Services, you agree to keep this password confidential and secure. We advise you choose a password that is unique to your Oowee account, you do not store your password on any shared devices and you periodically change it.
Retention of your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected.
If we have had no contact with you for a period of 2 year, we may delete your personal information unless we are required to keep it by law.
We may keep anonymous data about you which may be used for statistical purposes, with no limit, such as is permitted by law.
Access to your information
The Act gives you to right to access your personal information. To protect privacy, we are required to take reasonable steps to identify you before sharing your personal information.
We don’t normally charge a fee for you to access your information, but should the request be repetitive or particularly complex we may need to charge a £10 fee to cover the administrative costs associated with providing you with your personal information.
We also use targeting cookies in order to make product recommendations and advertising relevant to you.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time we may update this Policy, to reflect changes in our services or technology. Any changes to this Policy will be reflected on this web page so that you will always see the latest version. A date is posted at the top of the page so that you know when this Policy was last updated.